12.07.2008

O' Chirstmas Tree...


Last week, hubby and I went down to the tree lot of the tree farm that comes into town to pick out our Christmas tree. We also bought from them last year. They are so friendly, always have a great selection, proceeds benefit the local middle school, and the tree stay fresh, smells wonderful, and last through the season. While there we loaded up the back of the vehicle with a very large pile of extra branches, that they were happy to give away, so I could do me best effort at making garland (I did ok). We always enjoy picking out a Christmas tree, but do miss the days of our childhood of going to the 'cut your own' Christmas tree farm, getting hot chocolate, and running through the rows of Christmas trees looking for just the right one. We did this every year when I was a child until the farm closed. If you ever have a chance to go, or take your kids, to a 'cut your own tree' farm, go! It is always an enjoyable and memorable time.

9 comments:

erika said...

yeah!!! looks great!!!!

vicki archer said...

I love your big long garland above the doors - it looks wonderful, xv.

Mommy Harris said...

OOOh pretty door wreath. You're so creative!

LindsB said...

our garland looks awesome!! I love how it turned out, great work! My family and I cut down our tree every year, its the best Christmas tradition and probally my all time fav. I'm sorry you dont have a place to do that anymore- but your tree looks great!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

What a great festive place! I know what you mean about cutting down the tree! We were reminiscing about that yesterday as we brought our tree home on the roof of our car...wishing for snow.

monarte said...

Love the garland, good job, I especially like the garland picture in the red thingy under the cabinets. Nice pic and nice touch.

L.d

paula said...

how fun! i love it all.

monarte said...

Everything looks beautiful... want a marry Christmas your going to have.
Mamma

pakistani matrimonial rishta said...

Thanks for sharing
pakistani Rishta
leaf guard canada