6.11.2008

Inner Directed...

This picturesque historic barn makes my heart flutter. When I came across S. Russell Groves over on Desire to Inspire, I fell in love with his work. I didn't know how much until I came across this barn in Connecticut that was renovated into a modern home. I love the adaptive reuse of a space! He also designed the exterior grounds and guesthouse. I love that they restored all the original wood beams and wide-plank flooring. The redefining details, rustic backdrop, and eclectic combination of furniture, finishes, and fabrics makes this home comfortable, yet glamorous.






3 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

Great pics - love the leather ottoman bench by the stairwell.

Amy said...

ohmygod, I LOVE this house.

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh it's beautiful... the random stone fireplace, the rustic bathroom vanity, the wood beams....just divine. A-M xx