4.13.2009

Flea Market visit...

While home this past weekend I finally made it over to a local flea market/antique mall that Jennifer at The Newlywed Diaries had mentioned before. My mom and mother-in-law came along and it took us three hours to browse through. I came home with a bread box, white goblet {perfect for a little plant}, a little white bowl, and a green glass jug; I couldn't resist.
Here are a few other things I saw that I would have liked to taken home. I am not exactly sure what this once was, but thought it would be a perfect headboard for a full size bed.

This gentleman's chest was in very good condition.

I am not sure if it worked, but loved this vintage fridge from GE.

For all the cake stand lovers out there!

The chair lady in me really wanted to add this chair to our collection.

I love glass. I love blue. Perfect combination!

I wish a had a place for this pair of glass lamps.
They were around 10" high and only $17 for the pair.

And while we shopped, the husband worked/played on this. My parents live on 4+ acres and have lived in their home for around 14 years now and have always wanted some {and by some I mean about 25 yards, because we like our trees} of the property choice cut and cleared so they could see the lake a little more and so my mom could grow a garden. He enjoyed doing the work and they loved the end result.

13 comments:

Yelena said...

i lovee flea markets.
you can find the most amazing things. :]
but they do take up a lot of time! :[

monarte said...

It was hard to tear myself away from watching my trees being ripped out of the ground, and going to a flea market, but OF COURSE, the flea market won! I had a wonderful time spending way to much money, but, got some great "things" to add to the rest of my things collection. My bottles are so cute on my kitchen window, and I got the cutest little chair to put on my porch just right for grand babies. I so love flea markets. Thanks Megan for dragging me away and thanks to your hubby for clearing away the trees, he's a keeper.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I am going to have to check out that flea market in Hoover... have never been.

Mommy Harris said...

WE WANT before/after PICS OF THE YARD!!!!

megan @ a life's design said...

This is the one in Leeds, AL.
I need to visit the one in Hoover as well!

Jennifer said...

glad you finally got to go! and that you found some good stuff. that place has been on the upswing lately, which is fine with me!

those lamps are kind of cute. might have to make a trip this week to check them out ...

It' an Evolution said...

thanks for the flea fix! I need one badly.
Janet

paula said...

How a love a cake stand. I love your finds, too.

Jennifer said...

and by the way, this is the ideal afternoon for Wes and me, too: me in a flea market and Wes on a backhoe!

Tricia - Avolli said...

Wow the bread box brings me back...my mom had one exactly like it when I was a young girl...long since sold in a garage sale. Now it is considered vintage and in demand...who would've known.

Tricia - Avolli

Rachel said...

I love the blue glass jars too!!

www.designfabulous.com said...

Wow, that is one awesome flea market. I loved all those items. I agree that the door would make a great headboard, and a lot of other things as well. I think I would use that vintage fridge just for storage is it didn't work. Great finds!

Unknown said...

I know this is a really old post, but i was looking through them all and just wanted to say. That gentleman's chest is beautiful. I would to have something like that one day. Gorgeous.